Sunday, March 4, 2007

I Want to Dance Again

I miss the stage.

I miss the rhythm.

I miss the beats.

I miss the steps.

I miss the passion.


I haven't danced for a long time. I don't even know if i can still dance. But i wanna dance again. It used to be one of the ways through which i release some of my energy. It also gave me a sense of fulfillment.

Do you know how long it was since i last danced? Last year.

I remember having to wake up early in the morning for my 7am class in social dance. I can totally do without the 7am part, but the dancing part? It more than compensated for the headaches.

When i was younger, i used to do modern dances and sometimes, cheer dances. My mom offerred me ballet, but believe it or not, i used to be shy! So i declined. I used to do a lot of other dances- interpretative, social, street, folk, jazz and even cheerdance. If i only have the time, i'd join a dance group in UP. unfortunately, i do not have that luxury. well, unless i give up my other commitments- something i don't intend to do. i wish i can buy myself more time so i can dance to my heart's content. but we all know that even the richest man alive can't buy time.

I have to admit though- i'm afraid to dance again. It has been sucha long time. i'm worried that if i give it a shot again, my moves would look awkward. i'm worried that the rhythm and beat i once had in me might now be gone.

One thing i'm sure of: i wanna dance hard- like nobody's watching. a number of things are running on my mind and i want to get those things out of my system lest they consume me. When i dance, i feel good about myself. i want to feel that again. perhaps i have set such high standards for myself and have not really done much to achieve them- as if i'm often caught out of beat.

Call me shallow, but i miss the attention i get when i perform. and hey, don't get me wrong. i am getting sufficient attention these days, thankyouverymuch. but it's different when i'm performing on stage, executing well-practiced moves and just riding with the beat, feeling the spirit...

It's time to dance again.

It's time to wake up from my slumber

and dance the Dance again.

-----
(take note of the capital D and read between the lines. ;) it's not just about "dance" as defined in the dictionary. ;) i'll say no more.)
-----

I still have the passion, though it's now directed to other things.

I'll be doing new "steps," if you get what i mean.

The beat is still within me, and i'll live each day with it.

The rhythm of the times is calling, though i have yet to determine whether i should "choreograph" ways to correct things while going with it or if i should defy it altogether.

My stage is bigger now. The challenge is up.

I'm gonna Dance again.

No comments: