Thursday, December 25, 2008

Put Jesus under the spotlight :)

Finally, I’m done with shopping for the Holidays! :D :D :D And blame it on Lookbook.nu, but even after 5 dresses, a skirt, a pair of shorts in the wash I’ve been looking for for n years, 4 accessories, 2 bags, and a pair of shoes, I’m still craving for more. I already have a long list of stuff I want to buy next time. Haha.

But then, sobrang tinamaan lang din talaga ako sa homily ng pari the other day and kahapon.

So guys, I do hope we don’t forget the Christ in Christmas. The idea of a Santa Claus and the Holiday consumerism try to steal the spotlight every time. But we shouldn’t forget that Christmas is actually the opposite- it’s all about the humble birth of our Dear Savior :) He didn’t come to the world in a grandiose manner. But it is in the meekness of His arrival that His Greatness is magnified.

Of course, I do not mean to say “do away with the spending!” My point is that despite the spending and all that jazz, we do find some quiet time alone to reflect and/or to communicate with Him—one that is meaningful and not rushed.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Oh and I’d just like to share a quote I got from one of the greetings:

“In a season packed with fake plastic trees, Styrofoam snow, and false cheer, I hope you find something real.”

Again, HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D :D :D
CELEBRATE JESUS!!! :)

No comments: