Monday, September 28, 2009

But why? :(

Don't get me wrong. I miss school and I just want to see that ALL my blockmates are fine tomorrow. BUT.

Why do we have classes? I know we've missed a lot already but but but. What about our fellow Ateneo Law students who might have been affected badly? And the professors? And the staff?? There's a high probability that a number of them are in the areas most affected by Ondoy. I know finals is fast approaching and we've already lost a number of Mondays, but I just find it hard to move on and act as if everything is normal when SO MANY FILIPINOS out there are still in need of help.

Then again, hindi rin nga naman siguro ganun karami ang Ateneo Law community para maging substantial na kawalan. Okay, maybe I understand why we have to go to class tomorrow. And like what the Second Year Batch Rep said, we can help in other ways. I guess it's just that right now, my heart is really breaking. Apparently, so many of my friends are affected :( I just can't help but wish that instead of holding classes, the law school would opt to conduct its own operations (just like what they are doing in ABS-CBN, Ateneo (Loyola), UP, La Salle Taft, etc). You can NEVER underestimate what immediate help means to a number of people. Even if the whole Ateneo Law School community would only get to save just one life, it still is one life.

Anyway, as it is, since my parents won't let me go out and help, I suppose I'll just go back to my books and study. That's so sad, but well. Better than just panicking here online, I guess. Better be productive.

No comments: