Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Because He is the best <3

My general weighted average this sem is the LOWEST I ever got in my entire life, yet ironically, dito rin ako pinaka-sumaya. My heart has never JUMPED FOR JOY because of grades the way it did tonight. My entire life as a student, I only feared failing math,a mediocre general average, or not making it to the top 10 (in grade school and high school) or the cs/us list (college). In law school, for the first time, I prayed to just at least pass (75) and meet the qpi (78). So even if my qpi now is what I would consider disheartening and mediocre before, I'm still very much thankful to the Lord for it.

And you know what's even more beautiful? This morning, one of the verses I got from the Bible said: "Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me" - John 14:1. Sakto. Ang galing galing lang Niya :)

I'll remember my first sem, first year in law school forever <3 The nervewracking intro to law days when there was no minute that passed when we weren't holding on tight for dear life, the tension brought about by the first few times we were called to recite, the first memories with the people in the block, the first midterms week, the first finals week, and alas--the moment of truth (when we finally saw our grades).

To my blockmates: I'm happy to have spent what would perhaps be one of the semesters I'll remember forever with you :) Here's to hoping we have 3.5 more years to spend with each other in the law school.

I'm also really very grateful that I ended up in Ateneo Law :) Now it is my DUTY to do better next semester. Nerdy as it may sound, but I'm looking forward to start yet another 5 months of torture. After all, diamonds are made under pressure. Despite my lackluster performance this sem, I'm very much eager to rise up and redeem myself. With God's help, of course :)

P.S.
Dear Ace,
thank you for describing me as such. it lifted up my spirits. it's also some sort of a reminder. so, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

-->My friend Ace was asked, "What is Rhealeth's idea of a great movie?" and she answered: "a story about getting beat up by life's challenges and rising back up again... done with an awesome pair of high heels... :)"

<3

No comments: