Monday, November 2, 2009

Do you still believe in love?

Despite everything, I still do. Someday, it will come.

Countless books (The Alchemist, among the best convincers) tell us what we’re looking for has been right in front of us all along. But I refuse to buy that, no matter how true it may be. Because if we resort to that belief and settle for what’s here and now, we’ll always be bothered by many what ifs. This is one case when vicarious learning is not applicable. We may end up with the same conclusion later on, but the point is that we were the ones who actually came up with such conclusion. That makes all the difference.

I used to like to play it safe. Maybe I was too afraid to lose. But then later on it hit me that I’m being selfish.

On January 1, 2009, I wrote this.

If you don’t have the time to bother reading, in a nutshell, I told myself that this year, I’d be bolder and take more risks. Looking back at the things I’ve done this year, it can be said I stayed true to that, only most of those actions were not things I could be proud of. The year’s almost about to end, but perhaps it’s not too late. This time around, I’ll make sure the risks I take are the ones in line with what is right.

No comments: