Saturday, May 1, 2010

Well hello there, Labor day

I just realized that we’d still have to work during the weekend—but I don’t really mind. Well, I just remembered last night that we told Sir Jerry we’ll start conducting the research after the Summer Camp. And then, we told Sir Richard that we’d present our proposed revision of the Life Skills Module by Wednesday or Thursday next week. So yeah. Hello, work! Haha.

But like I said, I don’t mind that much. They say that when you love what you’re doing, it doesn’t really feel like work. It’s more of fulfilling something you’ve always wanted to do. In my case, to apply the things I’ve learned from school to something that would be of good use to society, so matter how small it might be. But also, like I’ve said before, it still overwhelms me. The research, for example: we only have three weeks left. I would first want to do pre-tests, but I still have to ask Sir Jerry if there’s time for that. My problem is that the main question they want answered (why is there an increasing number of first time youth offenders and reoffenders) is a big issue to grapple with. And yet, at the same time, we were told that this research is not really something big. When we were first told about it, I was thinking of doing a comprehensive research and of using lots of different data gathering methods; I was also thinking of including a good number of sub-issues to deal with. Then again, we were asked to keep it as simple as possible. Hmm. I’ll probably be spending the morning pondering on how to go about it. I hope I won’t have a hard time. In college, we faced similar dilemmas. Maybe it’s just that it has been more than a year since I last worked on a research project.

Definitely, we have to have some questions ready by Tuesday. I’m not going to be the one constructing the research instruments—Sir Jerry wants it to be a collaborative effort, which I don’t mind at all. But just like in all the other group research projects we’ve done in college, I have to come to that meeting prepared.

I wonder where I can stay to think about things without having to spend much. I’m on a budget. Haha!

Happy Labor Day! ^_^

(On a side note: Super Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyy to Joseph Andrew Nicholas, my good friend since elementary :) )

No comments: