Sunday, October 11, 2009

Move.

In moments like this, Fr. Bernas' line is worth remembering:
"There is no rest for the sinful."

No decent sleep tonight. Venti overload. No matter how much it would make my heart beat (like 100x faster), I don't care. I've been unbelievably lazy for the past week that today, I had to post a big note in front of my desk of my ultimate goal in life. It read:

LONG-TERM GOAL:
Contribute meaningfully and substantially to the Philippine society.

MID-TERM GOALS:
Be a lawyer
Pass lawschool

SHORT TERM GOAL:
Pass my law subjects

SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER:
L-e-a-r-n!
Process well.
And, be passionate. Always.

---------------------------------------
As of this moment, I could say with all honesty that I am NOT prepared to take the Persons final exam tomorrow yet. I've been finding it hard to make myself work and focus lately.

Whenever I look at the note I have in front of my desk, it gives me the creeps. It reminds me of the other goals I'm already done with-- like surviving college. It makes me aware that this is the point in time when I'm actually being taught the things I ought to know to rhealize one of my ultimate goals in life.

(Oh, and have I shared? I think I want to specialize in Family Law later on. All the more reason for me to really focus on this. Pray for me :) )

I can hear Fr. B's voice now. "There's no rest for the sinful."
Okay, back to Persons mode. This is not the time to give up.

No comments: